Following the theme "Campus Initiatives to Catalyze a Just and Sustainable World", conference goals include:
• Highlighting possibilities for creating leadership and funding for sustainable curriculum.
• Providing attendees with tools for planning and measuring campus sustainability efforts.
• Demonstrating the move from ideas to implementation in sustainability commitments.
• Placing emphasis on transforming the campus through cross-sector collaborative efforts in order to establish economic sustainability.
• Connecting the role of local higher education sustainability initiatives as it relates to social justice and the global campus.
About AASHE 2010
This year’s conference will offer networking and relationship building opportunities for all attendees. Special features of the 2010 conference include:
• Pre-conference events including the Sustainability Officer’s Workshop, Student Summit, and more
• Approximately 100 presentation sessions with 500+ speakers
• A focus on the impact of the ‘global campus’ and social justice within the field of sustainability
• Several high profile Keynote Speakers with book signing receptions
• AASHE awards banquet featuring leaders in campus sustainability to be published post-conference in Sustainability: The Journal of Record
• Tours of campuses, LEED Certified buildings, the National Renewable Energy Lab, and many others
• Post-conference Greener Denver DINR Dine-around