Fast Facts about one of the greenest cities for events!
• Denver has the nation's largest city park system, with more than 200 parks within city limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains -- an area larger than all of Manhattan Island.
• Denver has 300 days of bright sunshine a year -- more annual hours of sun than San Diego or Miami Beach.
• Denver’s Percent-for-Art program directs 1% of the money used for capital improvement projects on land owned by the City & County of Denver to be applied to works of public art. Each project engages a volunteer selection panel that includes local community members, facility representatives, and arts experts.
• Welcome to Colorado! When you are welcomed to Denver International Airport, you’ll be enjoying a ground transportation fleet which is 100% alternative and includes vehicles powered by compressed natural gas, hybrid technology and biodiesel. Not to mention passing by the solar farm situated on 7.5 acres of airport grounds as you head into Denver!
• With its abundant fresh air, crystal clear blue skies and wide variety of natural wonders, Denver takes being “green” seriously. Learn more about the Mile HIgh CIty's Top Ten initiatives.
• The City of Denver: Known for hosting the single greenest Democratic National Convention to date, the City of Denver hosts several initiatives backed by city and state officials, such as Greenprint Denver, to focus on long term sustainability goals to ensure a prosperous community where people and nature thrive.
• Colorado Convention Center: The CCC has an on-site Sustainability Programs Manager, following a mission to pioneer greening efforts in Denver’s premier convention facility, including the launch of a 30,000-square-foot, 300-killowatt solar power system. Learn more about the CCC’s dedicated efforts to stay ahead of the sustainability curve!
Can't get enough green? Check out more information about Greener Denver here.